What is it?
A condom is a thin material that covers an erect penis before having sex. They’re one of the most popular forms of birth control, and are the best way to protect yourself from STIs. They work by catching the sperm inside the condom and out of your vagina. But, you need to use a new one every time you have sex.
How effective is it?
About 18 pregnancies per 100 people based on typical use.
How often do I take it?
Every time you have sex.
• Condoms come in all shapes, sizes, and materials
• They can be used on demand
• No hormones
• Protects against STIs
• You can easily carry them around with you
• It interrupts sex
• It can tear or come off completely while having sex
• Some people are allergic to condoms made of latex