The Pill - Based on typical use, 92% Effective for Preventing Pregnancy
The old standard. A once-a-day pill that’s safe, effective and boring.
Tips and tricks: Try taking your pill at the same time you always do something else in your daily routine, like brushing your teeth. Set up a free text message or email reminder with a website like bedsider.org. Set an alarm in your cell phone.
Is it for you?
- There are different pills for different people so you can find the one that works best for you
- Might give you lighter periods and less cramping
- Tried and true – but a lot of work
The flip side:
- You have to take it every day. You can’t miss even once.
- You have to take your pills with you on vacations, weekends, and anywhere you stay overnight.
- You must take it at the same time of day, everyday.
- You may have some nausea or headaches, but they’re very mild